Welcome to the Spiritual Seedlings Website!
This is the home to…
- Spiritual Seedlings… My business created to scatter spiritual seeds through writing, speaking, and leading contemplative retreats.
- Revelation in the Cave… My first novel, a cross between the Da Vinci Code and the Ya Ya Sisterhood, a nonviolent alternative to the Left Behind fiction. Introducing the Magnificent and Marvelous Book Club (The MAMs), a diverse group of women who venture on an archeological dig in Turkey digging up scrolls that illuminate not just the Book of Revelation, but each of their own lives.
- Published October 17, 2017 – Revelation at the Labyrinth (eLectio Publishing). Visit my author website at nancyflinchbaugh.com for more information.
- The MAMs Book Club Web… The MAMs (as introduced in Revelation in the Cave) continue to speak and live here on this webpage as they comment on books read by the MAMs Book Club Springfield which I started in my home in March, 2013. We read a book every month, and then I create a discussion guide for other book clubs, with comments from myself and the MAMs about the book, with some questions for groups to use when discussing the books. In the MAMs Book Club Springfield, each member picks their choice – so you’ll find our books are old and new, fiction and nonfiction! I offer this as a resource to readers and book clubs everywhere. The MAMs will be featured in my next book, Revelation at the Labyrinth, which is now in search of a publisher.
- Contemplative Retreat Offerings… After completing the course “Leading Contemplative Small Groups and Retreats” with the Shalem Institute in 2012, I have been offering contemplative retreats and labyrinth events. I have le retreats at First Baptist ( Ohio), Trinity Lutheran (Vermilion, Ohio) and Prairie City Church of the Brethern (Iowa). I also am a certified Labyrinth Facilitator with the Veriditas Organization, founded by Lauren Artress. I have hosted labyrinth walks at First Baptist Church, Springfield. (Follow on Facebook at: Living Vine Labyrinth). I have also led labyrinth experiences with the Shalem Personal Spiritual Deepening Program, the Springfield Regional Cancer Center, a Juvenile Detention facility and at the Woman’s Reformatory in Marysville Ohio.
- Passion Retreat Offerings… I believe that each of us has a call to find (in the words of Frederick Buechner ) “that place where our deep passion meets the world’s deep need.” Using an Appreciative Inquiry planning process, I have designed a retreat process to help persons understand and name that passion and develop a plan to pursue that with their lives. I have also guided the Appreciative Inquiry planning process many times with groups in community planning ventures and love to facilitate that sort of work.
- Learning to Sit… I have started to develop a contemplative primer, using poems based on my contemplative practice. I use excerpts from this work in process for retreat offerings. I will post parts of this book here as it continues to grow.
- Letters from the Earth… Messages from the Earth. This began with an exercise in which we were encouraged to write a letter to ourselves from the Earth. I have received over 50 letters which have totally amazed me. You can read a few of them here. I hope to publish them with commentary at some point in the future. Read a synopsis of the story here: Letters from the Earth synopsis.
- Blog… I’ve dabbled in blogging on this website since its origins. Most recently in 2017, I wrote some open letters to President Trump on the theme of making America great. I don’t think he’s read them yet.
Enjoy the offerings here, and contact me at email@example.com if you’d like more information about my retreat offerings or would like a speaker for your group or organization. I’m also happy to speak on my books, Revelation in the Cave and Revelation at the Labyrinth, (eLectio Publishing, 10/17/17). Visit my author website at: nancyflinchbaugh.com.
May this page help you find paths of hope, love and discovery in your life!